Dear Parents & Students,
Teton Science is quickly approaching. I am excited and anxious to spend four days with your child and the staff at TSS. For those students who are nervous, I have been trying to eat lunch with them each day so I can address any question or concerns they have. We have also been preparing for TSS by learning about its geological features, history, vocabulary, reading last years narratives as well as journals.
Please review this Important Information:
- All Teton Information-- Google Link
- Please make sure money for souvenirs is in a sealed envelope with your child's name on it. I usually gather these as they get on the bus and I will give them to your child on Saturday.
- As you pack keep an eye on the weather and have your child pack accordingly.
- We will leave Edith Bowen at 7:20-7:30 a.m. (Bus Itinerary-link) Wednesday morning. Two USU buses will be taking us up and back. They will be in the North Parking Lot by the CPD building at 7:00 a.m. I have asked the students try to be there between 7:00-7:15 so we can leave by 7:30.
- Please have your child pack a small backpack for the items they will need on the bus. Sack Lunch, water, book to read, journal, and any snacks.
- I will download all the pictures taken during the day on our Google Picture Site. I try to do this every evening to keep you updated. Link to Google Pictures. https://goo.gl/7WnPWQ (Please check this site and let me know if it is not working for you).
- Some of you cannot open links that are in One Call Now? If you copy the link and paste it in your internet address bar it should open.
- Please sign up for REMIND so I can send a group text. I'm not exactly sure when we will be returning back to Edith Bowen on Saturday? I will send out a text letting you know when we are in Preston. This way if we return a little early your child will not be waiting in the parking lot. Thirteen of you have signed up so far To sign up see below or Go to New Message on your text messages-Where you see To: Enter 81010 Text Message @aaac52
If you need to contact your child or me -my phone number is: 435-770-5853, Mr. Farmer 435-770-3971, Mr. Newell 801-520-3607, Eric Gierloff, Taryl Barnett, and Anne Nielson will also be chaperones. Dr. Johnson will be coming up on Tuesday and leaving on Thursday.
Thanks for your support-I know it is very difficult and worrisome to let a child leave for four days.