Jun 5, 2012

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!

I wish all my 5th grade students a great summer and a great year in 6th grade!! I will miss you!!

New 5th Grade Students-I am excited to get to know you!!

Please remember to read this summer to avoid the Summer  Slide.
What is the summer slide?  Summer slide refers to the loss of reading skills that results when students  slip out of the practice reading over the summer.
Way to Prevent Summer Slide.
1.  It is suggested that students who read at least six books will not regress over the summer.
2.  Set a time aside each day to read.  Hopefully you will get engaged in the book and enjoy this time.
3.  Visit the library or book store.

I love reading and I am looking forward to you sharing what you have read during the summer?

What is your favorite book you have read?
What book(s) would you recommend to your classmates?
What are your favorite Genres?

If you want to e-mail me, please contact me at:
jan.farmer@loganschools.org Or....
jlovetoteach@gmail.com
or post on my BLOG

No comments:

WE ARE LEADERS!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a digital slideshow

CONTACT INFORMATION

jan.farmer@usu.edu

Edith Bowen Lab School
Phone Number: 435-755-2345