Feb 22, 2014

Way to go Kylee!! Another great newspaper post!!


By: Kylee Hanson |Kylee Hanson

Many people think making a difference means finding a cure for some horrid disease, composing a famous piece of music, or winning first place in a triathlon. But you can make a difference in small ways, too. You might help someone with homework, be a friend to somebody who doesn’t have any, or just make a person smile. What I’m saying is, you can make a difference in the world every day, but not everyone believes they can. Everyone should believe because everyone can do anything if they believe.
If we want to make a difference for those around us we must first make a change in ourselves. I understand, it can be hard to believe you can do anything when a lot of things are extremely difficult to do, but if you take baby steps, everything will be as easy as pie. (Not literally. Pie isn’t as easy to make as it looks). Some things are easier for other kids, but if you can stay calm, concentrate, and work hard it can become easier for you, too. I didn’t say it would be easy, just easier.
Let’s say, for example, math is harder for me than for other kids. I could listen hard, do my math homework, and try my best. Then, hopefully my grade would go up, I’d understand math better, and it would be easier for me because I believed in myself. It may still never be my favorite, but it can become a little easier if I put my mind to it and believe in myself.
Thomas A. Edison didn’t invent the light bulb by giving up, did he? No! He himself said, “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try just one more time.” He also said, “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” What he meant is, to never give up and to work hard. We should all follow this advice.
Once we start believing in ourselves, nothing can get in our way. Then we can encourage others to do the same. This is a small way to make a big difference. Naturally, we all could try to do a little better when it comes to things like this. I know that if we believe and try our best, anything can happen. Keep trying to do new things!

No comments:

WE ARE LEADERS!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a digital slideshow

CONTACT INFORMATION

jan.farmer@usu.edu

Edith Bowen Lab School
Phone Number: 435-755-2345